Betting Sites in Canada
When it comes to betting sites, you’ve got to consider all factors. Are they trusted? Do they have a good sportsbook? What are the odds like? And, can I get a good bonus? If you are new to the game and looking for sports betting sites, you need to consider the best offers. Luckily, we’re sharing all of the betting sites to making the most dollar.
Top Betting Tips
Trusted sports betting sites
When you are looking for betting sites, you need to go with a brand you can trust. There are a number of online betting sites providing deals around Canada, and one of the greatest difficulties is finding one that you can trust.
The first thing you can do is check if the betting site it licensed and regulated by a known jurisdiction. That way, you know everything to do with the betting sites is safe and secure. Many Canadian sports betting sites are also regulated by overseas bodies. It’s always best to stick with the betting sites that display testimonials and have a good record of customer service. If you should ever have an issue, you need to know they will deal with it seriously and quickly. Only the best Canadian betting sites make it possible to contact their team.
Those brands that have been in the business for the long haul are also worth your time. There are a lot of online betting sites popping up today, and it takes a lot for one to stay in business for a long period.
Legal online betting sites in Canada
- Sports betting is big business around the world, and Canada is no different. Canadian citizens enjoy a bet as much as the next person, with NHL, CFL and the NBA proving the most popular sports. However, the offshore gambling laws in Canada are still working to catch up with the likes of Europe. It’s not illegal to place any online bets in Canada. However, the Canadian laws state that any bookmaker based in Canada must hold a government issue gambling license.
- It’s likely that a lot of bookies are not located in Canada – particularly the ones that boast millions of players around the world. If they aren’t Canadian, they need to hold a valid gambling license in a recognized jurisdiction. That way, you are covered when it comes to depositing and withdrawing.
- British Columbia was the first place to start offering betting sites, providing online poker and sports betting in 2009. Quebec and Manitoba started offering similar options, followed by Alberta and Ontario. While Canada and its neighbors, the US, have the strictest gambling laws, they are beginning to move with the times.
There are plenty of sports betting sites available for Canadian players, and you’ve come to the right place for information. It comes as no surprise these sites are so popular – especially as they offer top sports and even better promotions.
- 888Sport stands out as one of the biggest names in the Canadian gambling world, promising extensive coverage on the ‘big four’: NBA, NHL, NFL and MLS. Similarly, their sports betting promotions stand out, with regular offers available for players. For every new player that signs up for an account, there is a 100 bonus available – up to massive $250. They also have a super responsive app for all Canadian players, with absolutely no sacrifice to baseball, basketball and ice hockey.
- Pinnacle is one of Canada’s premier sportsbook, dedicated to the more seasoned gambler. Pinnacle is considered by most to be an exceptionally trusted bookmaker, now boasting customers in over 200 countries. What makes this site so unique is not its bonuses, but the betting odds. Pinnacle is regarded as having the best odds for Canadian players, beating out 50 different competitors for the top spot. What they lack for in sign up bonuses, they make up for with an average margin of 2.91% on sports events, along with the fastest payouts.
- Sportingbet is another popular name in the Canadian gambling world and was one of the first brands to set up in 1998. There is an endless lists of betting markets for players, along with a brilliant mobile app that allows you to customize the menu, choosing your favourite sports, events and casino games. Alongside all of the above, there is an attractive sign up bonus worth up to $150. One of the biggest benefits to this offer is the very few rollover requirements – only two – and the minimum deposit of $10.
- William Hill pretty much tops the list for trusted betting sites around the world. The decades of experience and millions of customers have placed this bookmaker into legend status, and it’s no surprise why. Their NFL and MLS betting options are nothing short of impressive, with thousands upon thousands of markets. Likewise, those who enjoy making money on the NHL are in luck, with exceptional coverage. The welcome bonus for players is also generous, worth up to $100. You are eligible for the welcome offer when you have created an account and made your first deposit. The bonus is predicted by placing wagers, with 50% of your first bet credited as a free bet. After that, you need to make five more wagers for the rest of the funds.
Other sports betting sites you should look to include Bet365 and Bwin.
How to bet on sports?
The process of betting on sports doesn’t change much with different bookmakers. The software for each site is largely similar, and the method for placing a bet is quick and easy – anyone can do it.
Firstly, you need to choose your selection. If you are placing a bet for a welcome bonus, make sure you match the odds outlined in the terms of the offer. They’ll, typically, say odds of ⅘ or greater, so you know where to put your money. Likewise, check to see if any betting types are excluded from the promotion. Once you have chosen your selection, put down your stake on the betslip and click place.
If you are looking for bets with bigger returns, accumulators are worth a look. With more returns, however, there are greater risks and your acca will only pay off if all selections win – unless specified in a particular promotion. Generally, just follow the instructions on the welcome bonus to placing a bet and you’re good to go.