NHL Betting in Canada
The National Hockey League (NHL) is the premier professional ice hockey league in the world, currently comprising 31 teams (24 in the United States; 7 in Canada).
Bestsportsbooks.ca we will provide a one-stop shop where you will find all the necessary information with regards to NHL tips, lines, predictions, picks, odds and the very best sportsbooks offers available.
Here at bestsportsbooks.ca we will provide readers with predictions and tips for NHL action throughout the season, with long-term futures selections for the Stanley Cup, Presidents’ Trophy, Conference and Divisional titles.
This is also the place where you will be able to find previews and predictions on a game-by-game basis covering all the top action throughout the schedule. We will cover a variety of NHL betting markets, including Money Line, Handicap, Total Goals, Total Goals (Overtime betting), etc. Our predictions will take into account all the key stats, relevant team news and any given game’s relevance to the two teams as the NHL season progresses.
There are also individual player awards on which customers can also place bets, such as the Hart Trophy (‘MVP’), Vezina Trophy (best goaltender), Norris Trophy (best defenseman) and Rocket Richard Trophy (most goals).
Washington Capitals secured the Stanley Cup for the first time in their history last season, while expansion franchise Vegas Golden Knights had an astonishing debut season to finish as runners-up. The Caps should again go well, but it wouldn’t be a great surprise to see the Golden Knights struggle to replicate their form from the last campaign. One team whom substantial improvement is expected has to be the Edmonton Oilers, particularly with Connor McDavid (the preseason favourite for the Hart Trophy) in their ranks.
Best NHL Sportsbooks
Finding the best market odds and betting options is crucial to any profitable NHL betting aspirations, so we’ve put together the names of some of the best NHL Sportsbooks to help you out.
- Bet365 is the most popular sports betting site for Canadian bettors and is known for its excellent sign-up bonus and great ongoing promotions. The bet365 site is very user-friendly and there are numerous props, futures and additional betting lines available on the NHL.
- Pinnacle bookmakers are also renowned worldwide as being a sportsbook which consistently offers the very best odds (which makes up for the current lack of a Welcome Bonus over a fairly short period of time) and provides great customer service. There’s a wide selection of deposit options and there’s fast reliable live betting and an excellent mobile sportsbook that has all the same features their online sportsbook has to offer.
- Sportingbet has some great bonuses and, aside from offering Money Line and spread bet options, they also provide a wide array of prop wagers and live betting lines.
- William Hill is one of the world’s longest established sportsbooks and, in addition to providing a great live betting platform to place wagers during games, they also offer lots of betting options on each individual NHL game.
- 888sport has a decent sign-up bonus for new customers and are known for their fast payouts.
- Bwin has a great mobile sportsbook and offers competitive betting odds, props, and futures on NHL.
With NHL live betting you can often get the opportunity to back the team you wanted to at better Money Line odds than you could pre-game.
Statistics can certainly play a major role when it comes to NHL live betting. For example, it makes good sense to look at each team’s period splits when live betting. A little research might reveal that a team has developed a trend for scoring heavily in the first period on home-ice.
NHL live betting also enables bettors to hedge pre-game wagers in some instances, such as when your selected team is a couple of goals to the good, then backing the opposition at inflated odds. It can also pay to look at Total Goals late on if one team is just one ahead, as the opposition may risk pulling their goalie for another attacker, so potentially creating more chances themselves, but also presenting their opponents with more opportunities.
When it comes to NHL viewing options in Canada, Rogers Communications has the exclusive English-language national television and digital rights, which means it has the broadcast and digital rights to every national game.
NHL is carried primarily by Rogers’ Sportsnet group of specialty channels; across CBC, the Sportsnet networks, Rogers-owned television network City, and FX Canada.
However, there is also the option of live streaming from various sportsbooks. One example is bet365, where there is access to a huge range of sports on live streaming. It can vary as to what’s required to watch a game on the site, with just a funded account being required for some events or to have placed bet in the previous 24 hours for others. In addition to the desktop option, live streaming at bet365 is also available via their app on your mobile device for added convenience.
Live streaming is also available at Betway provided you have a funded account with them, William Hill also offer live streaming via desktop and mobile devices, with a funded account or having a bet within the previous 24 hours again being the proviso for access.